Private Picnic Experience for Two at Raptor Refuge
Highlights / What’s Included?
- A special occasion private tour, viewing and gourmet picnic on the grounds at Raptor Refuge. Weather depending, you can sit on our picnic blanket by the pond right next to the eagle flight aviary – this is a unique and exquisite experience sure to take your breath away!
- Enjoy a Tasmanian produce picnic hamper including cheeses, biscuit, chocolate and hot/cold beverages, all produced within 10 km as the eagle flies
- This experience is 2.5 hours in duration
- Available daily from 2pm
- We may not be able to accommodate late arrivals, therefore please ensure you arrive on time
- You can leave earlier if required, or stay longer at an extra cost
- For 2 people $460.00
Situated only 30 minutes from Hobart, Raptor Refuge is the home of a working refuge. On arrival, you’ll be greeted by our friendly staff who will give you a meet and greet with one of our Tasmanian masked owls, followed by a guided 90 minute private tour of the Raptor Refuge. You will learn about and see our magnificent wedge-tailed eagles, falcons, owls and other raptors. You’ll then enjoy a secluded picnic, nestled within our beautiful grounds at Raptor Refuge, with continued viewing of our spectacular eagles, falcons and owls. Waiting for you will be a beautifully-styled picnic set up and an array of locally sourced Tasmanian cheeses, biscuits, chocolate, wine & a hot flask thermos with an assortment of coffee/tea/hot chocolate. Take your time enjoying the peaceful ambience and continued private viewing of our raptors for an additional 60 minutes after your private tour. A special occasion moment you will remember forever!
*One bottle of Tasmanian wine included in our gourmet hamper can be taken home unopened. Optional undercover area inside our Education Centre with continued viewing from within. Extend your time for 15 minutes for an additional $50.