For a time, we were gratefully accepting donations of live roosters to feed our raptors but, thanks to the ol’ bush telegraph, we now get offered far more than we can use. In fact, we’re often overwhelmed by the number of requests we receive, given the limited time and resources we have to respond to everyone.
If you have an unwanted rooster, we are able to humanely euthanase it for you for a small handling fee of $10 per rooster. You can request this service by contacting us via Facebook messenger or email
If we have the capacity and freezer space to take your unwanted rooster, we’ll arrange an agreed drop off time.
- Contact us to see if we are able to take your rooster(s) Please state in your message that you have read how our system works and are happy to pay the handling fee
- Organise a suitable drop-off time with staff
- Place the rooster(s) in small, secure cardboard box(es) with the handling fee placed in an envelope and taped securely to outside of box
- Place your secure box(es) and handling fee in our drop-off box located at our front gate
- Message staff that the rooster(s) have been dropped off
- Staff will collect your rooster(s) shortly after being notified
We use the carbon dioxide method to euthanase roosters, which minimises stress caused to the animal. Roosters will then be frozen and eventually fed to our raptors.
Other food donations
We generally accept these food donations for raptors: rabbits, mice, rats, turkey wings, chickens, and fish. Please contact us in advance if you wish to make a food donation.